LANGUAGE & CULTURE COURSES
The White Fathers' language courses at FENZA cover all aspects of grammar and basic vocabulary. They are built on solid linguistic foundations and are at the same time very practical. White Fathers have had experience teaching Zambian languages for more than 100 years.
The Welcome to Zambia culture course consists of topic-oriented sessions given by specialists in the respective field.
Possibilities for accommodation while taking these courses are available. Inquire by writing to the email@example.com.
2021 Chinyanja courses
1st course: 22 February 2021 — 10 April 2021.
2nd course: 16 August 2021 — 18 October 2021.
Teaching takes place Monday–Friday, 09:00–12:30 hours.
Fees: 3500 kwacha (subject to revision).
Course materials: available for a modest price at FENZA.
The course is based on the White Fathers' intensive language course developed by N. Salaun.
The Bemba course will no longer be offered at FENZA in 2021.
2020 Welcome to Zambia programme
1st course: 22 — 26 February 2021 (5 days)
2nd course: 02 — 07 August 2021 (5 days)
Teaching takes place Monday–Friday, 09:00–12:30 and 14:00–17:00 hours.
Fees: 3000 Kwacha.
This course gives an overview of Zambian history, economics, politics, cultures, and religious life. It is designed for all, not only newcomers to Zambia! Topics include:
- Pre-colonial and colonial history of Zambia
- Basic "rules of behaviour" (the do's and don'ts)
- Kinship, family and rules of belonging
- Costs of living and economics in Zambia
- The reality of homeless children
- Traditional education and initiation
- Initiation rites (participatory)
- Politics in Zambia
- The role of chiefs
- Traditional healers and healing in Zambia
- Witchcraft and the occult
- Religions and worldviews
- New churches and religious movements in Zambia